Project 2: Mesh Mashup

Crazy Objects 


My understanding of remix culture is that it goes against the idea of having one small minority creating everything for everyone else to sit and enjoy. Remix culture inspires to take what the minority made and change it or merge them with other things to make something new. This is also a way of personalizing it because its made by just you and your vision rather than the combined visions of a bunch of producers. You can just use stuff made by producers, or you can also merge things made by producers with things you made yourself. You could make an animation and then combine it with music made by producers for example, exploring both and giving both new meaning and life. I think it is a positive and natural way to make things.

With this one I added an outlet because nuclear bombs don't get charged like that. I like taking pieces of technology and completely changing the buttons and stuff and way we interact with it and making it unnecessarily tedious and unintuitive and weird.



I added a door nob to this pyramid. Now it looks like you can take the front off of the pyramid, even though its bricks stacked on top of each other so it wouldn't have hinges. its also out of place because door nobs are a modern invention that might not even have a place anywhere in this time. The door nob is also massive and imposing to anyone looking up at it.

I chose this object because I always think of the cat tower in my house as an apartment. so I put one next to skyscrapers. And I think they actually fit together quite well. while still having a contrast of scale.

I chose these 2 objects cause I think sofas are kind of like containers for things, usually cushions. so it would be interesting if it contained something else, in this case a piano. I think the relationship is juxtaposed because the piano is a much larger scale, and you usually don't sit on a piano.

The last place you would screw something in, is into your computer monitor. Because it would most defiantly break. I had the idea of maybe adding a coat or something handing on one of the screws. I chose these objects cause its a high end sleek piece of technology paired with a very industrial and dirty one.

With this I chose the objects because a chair is very unexpected to find inside of a vending machine. and wouldn't even fit through the door. I like the implication of going up to a vending machine and casually buying an entire chair. It's also strange because vending machines need stock for many buyers, but this one has just one chair.

This object is a computer case with bread in it. I feel it's absurd because normally it would have very complicated and powerful pieces of hardware, while the bread doesn't compute anything.

I chose these objects (book and stone relief) because they are both methods for communication. The contrast between them is that one is large, heavy, hard, and ancient while the other is soft, thin, and very compact. 
Maybe I could combine it with the computer on above on a memory drive. The relief, book, and memory drive I think have a cool relationship cause they have the same function but get extremely more compact and efficient from on to another.

I chose these because they are both objects that we interact with normally. Combined together they destroy each others functions and both become useless.

This was my first idea. I chose the Freddy Fazbear head cause its a mask with robot parts, so it kind of matches the bus a little bit. But its still a large contrast because it doesn't do anything and its massive. 
It looks like something you would show off in a parade, but the bus is alone and just driving normally. so it doesn't really make sense why its there. I added a bridge that would clearly knock the head off to add to the confusion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 3: Mesh Mashup part 2

Project 5 8 unwraps of objects